Punctuation and General Grammar
- Apostrophe Quiz – Click inside the box then copy out each sentence adding apostrophes where they are needed.
- Comma practice – 5 interactive quizzes of varied levels.
- Commas in Quotations – Read the directions and take the online quiz.
- Dear Mr. Henshaw – Parts of a friendly Letter. (a Quia quiz)
- Fish Tanks – Fill a tank with tropical fish using prefixes, roots, and suffixes.
- Grammar Gorillas – Advanced level – Practice identifying all parts of speech.
- Grammar Blast – Various online graded activities dealing with 5th grade grammar skills.
- Interactive exercises on using commas – Exercise 1 – Exercise 2 – Exercise 3 – Exercise 4 – Exercise 5
- Is this sentence correct? – Online Quia Quiz. Select if a sentence is correct or not by clicking on the yes or no button.
- Parts of Speech – Identify the part of speech that will complete the sentence.
- Power Proofreading – [comma practice] Choose 5th grade then select; The Tanaka Twins, or any one of the mixed practice exercises. (Internet Explorer)
- Proofreading Makes Perfect – Correct these sentences by typing in correct grammar. (Internet Explorer)
- Quiz on Comma Usage – Click on “The paragraph, please!” and a paragraph will appear in the top text-area.
- Quotation Marks and Commas – Online Quiz.
- Using Commas – Select sentence with correctly used commas. (Internet Explorer)
- Using Commas with Introductory Phrases – Click on “The sentence, please!” and a sentence will appear in the top text-area. Insert any necessary comma or commas (being careful not to insert commas where they aren’t necessary).
- Wacky Web Tales – [Grade 3 and Up] Choose a tale and then enter the requested parts of speech to see what crazy story you wrote.
- Welcome to Commas: Fill in the Blanks – In each blank space in the paragraphs below provide a comma where it is appropriate or write a small-case “x” (without the quotation marks) where a comma is not necessary.