- Activity on Author’s Purpose – (4th grade) This section includes a variety of activities designed to help you determine the author’s purpose. Follow the directions on each screen and complete the activities.
- Audience and Purpose – Read a passage and answer ten multiple choice questions on the purpose of the passage.
- Author’s Purpose – Lesson and practice. Determine why the author wrote each paragraph. [designed for grade 3]
- Author’s Purpose – Read paragraphs and identify author’s purpose.
- Author’s Purpose – Online quiz, includes self checking.
- Author’s Purpose – Read a passage and answer fifteen multiple choice questions to determine the author’s purpose.
- Different Text Types – [game] Learn about the different text types (persuasion, informative, descriptive, or instructive) with this game.
- Different Types of Text – [3 quizzes] Understand the purpose of different text types.
- Game – Author’s Purpose – Matching game. Determine if the author’s purpose is to inform, entertain or persuade.
- Purpose and Point of View – Choose the correct answer for each question. Self checking.
- Reading for a Purpose – Many quizzes on Purpose.